Phillip calls his victory 'A Blessing & Unreal'





Phillip Phillips is still coming to term with his win on "American Idol" season 11. Asked about how he felt after the Wednesday, May 23 final result show, the 21-year-old singer admitted he is "still a little numb from the whole situation." He added, "I don't really feel anything... It hasn't sunk in yet."

Calling it "crazy" and "unreal", Phillip claimed that he didn't think he was going to win. He continued sharing, "It's such a blessing to have, I'm kinda ready to try and comprehend it all. After I won, I wasn't thinking about anything... I wasn't wanting to sing or anything. I just started thinking about the journey and how far all of us have come and how far we made it, it's so overwhelming."

When commenting on his contender Jessica Sanchez, the Georgia boy had nothing but praises for her. "Jessica has a huge future ahead of her and we're both supportive of each other," he said, while describing himself as a lucky guy who loves playing music.

Also speaking to reporters following the crowning, Jessica opened up that she's "kind of relieved that this whole thing is over," but added that she's going to miss everybody on the show. Showing that she's genuinely happy that Phillip won the competition, she said, "I think that Phillip really deserved to win."

"He's worked harder than any of us," the California-born girl went on reasoning. "He's had to keep up with his health issues with his kidneys, and I think he's been through it a lot more than us mentally and physically."

Felling "happy" and "content" with her achievement, Jessica insisted she doesn't have any regrets at all. Though so, she admitted that her winner's song, which Jimmy Iovine called a "bomb," wasn't the best for her. "I kind of agreed with [the judges]," she said. "We only had one day to pick a single."

Speaking about her plan after "Idol", she gushed, "Now that this whole thing is over and now that I have time to really throw myself into my music, it's going to be all 100-percent me, so I'm excited. I've been in this Idol bubble and now it's popped, so I don't know what's going to happen to me, but I'm excited to find out."

Phillip beat out Jessica on "Idol" finale after he earned a standing ovation from the judges for his performance of winner's song "Home" on Tuesday night. He reprised the performance on Wednesday after he was declared the winner, shedding tears while being showered with confetti.

Comments